Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween!

So today is the 31st but because it is a Sunday Brady and I decided to celebrate on Saturday at our Stakes Trunk-or-Treat event. It had been raining the entire day but Brady and I figured they would take everything indoors due to the rain. Think again! These Washington people must be used to the rain or something.... lol I was like what? These people are crazy! It's wet and cold out here!! But there were a million cars handing out candy anyways. We decided to face the rain and just go for it. Luckily by the time we parked and got everything situated the rain had stopped! Thank goodness. So we did a couple of the rows and then called it good. Then the real fun began... we got home around six and had some dinner. We just kind of hang out until 7:30 which is the time we usually start to get the baby ready for bed. We do our little night time routine and get him in bed and then the crying starts. He had been cranky alllllllll day long so by this time in the day I was completely worn out and was just exhausted. Basically to make a really really long story short, he didn't go to bed until midnight. It was after the hour car ride and the second bath with the bedtime soap and some of the bedtime lotion and baby Tylenol and soothing baby music AND being swaddled... yes I said swaddled. My 10 month old baby was swaddled last night (hey, you gotta do what you gotta do, especially when it is 11:30) that he finally fell asleep. I couldn't really figure out what was wrong with him this whole time. He was drooling a little bit so I thought he might be teething but he was also tooting a lot so I thought me might have some gas and then I realized that he didn't eat too much for dinner so I thought he might have been hungry.... sheesh. it was a looooong night. Brady and I were so worn out it wasn't even funny. But thankfully it ended eventually and he woke up and was completely fine. He even napped better and went to sleep well tonight due to the lack of sleep. I'm almost positive he is teething. He is drooling everywhere, has a slight fever and has been extra fussy. Hopefully this stage will pass just as quickly as the first round of teething aka we didn't even notice it !! So that's my eventful halloween!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...