Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Come What May And Love It

Recap....

Okay so the last week has been crazy and probably one of the hardest weeks of my life. Lets start with monday morning, we get up around 4 am so we can be at the hospital in time for my surgery at 7:30. They asked us to get there at 5 so I could register and get ready for the surgery. So I'm scared and nervous as I have ever been. I just wanted to run away. So they call me back to get ready, get the robe on, get an IV going, yadda yadda yadda. Then my family came back and waited with me for the surgeon, nurse and anesthesiologist to come talk to me. They came and answered some of my questions and as I was talking to the anesthesiologist I told him that I was really nervous and the last time I had surgery I kinda freaked out. He told me that he would take care of that by giving me a little shot of some amnesiac. It made ma a little crazy... I honestly don't remember much after he gave it to me. I remember getting it and thats it. The next thing I remember is being in the PACU after the surgery. This was the part I was most scared of by the way. But I felt great..... I was in la la land. The Anesthesia was still working big time and I was so comfy. People are usually only in the PACU for about and hour, well I was there for 5. They just couldn't find a room for me. Then when she told me that my room was almost ready I noticed that I was in a room with another person... NOT going to happen. So I asked her if I could just wait for a private room and she said she would see what she could do. Eventually after some more waiting and some negotiating I was able to have my private room. This alone made my visit a thousand times better. So then I get to my room and my family came to see me and then it started to hurt more and more. I was on so many medications. I had my own little button that I could push when I was feeling pain. It was nice at first but then I noticed that it was making me really sick to my stomach. By the end of my stay I had stopped using it completely and was just using my pill pain meds. They also had me taking some nausea medication that didn't really help at all. I had a few visitors that were awesome! My friend shannon stopped by a couple of times, my friend Ashley came and some others. It was really nice to see people. I thought I would be able to leave on sunday but they ended up making me stay until monday. I was so happy to be able to leave, I felt like I was in jail. I also had to walk... a lot. I would go on four or five walks every day. It was hard, especially when I was so nauseous. It was also really crappy to wake up in the middle of the night and take pain medication. All in all it was lame and not fun... I am so glad to be home. Last night was my first night home. It was hard. I thought about taking tylenol for the pain so I didn't have to deal with the nausea but turns out I have it either way and I'd rather be in less pain. It's been hard, I feel so helpless. I can't even hold my baby. I can't lift him or do anything basically. I hate hearing my baby cry and not be able to help him. I cannot wait until I'm feeling better. I missed my little guy so much. He spent the week with Bradys parents which I'm sure both they and the baby loved but I missed him like I've never missed anything more. I only got to see him once while I was in the hospital. It was not fun. But hes back with us now and I get to see him every minute of every day just like it should be. By the way, he took his first steps yesterday. Brady said he took like 8 steps! I didn't see it sadly but I'm happy for my little guy!! Brady is going to leave to Seattle tomorrow. He's going to find us a place to live. Hopefully everything will go well with his drive up there. The baby and I won't go up until the very beginning of october. Brady will fly back from seattle for a day and then help me bring the baby to Washington. Well thats all for now folks!! Talk to you later!!

p.s. the baby is saying mama all the time... I love it :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...